Recently, some Avenue Two Travel adviors spent an incredible weekend at The Ritz-Carlton Montreal. For those of us that hate jet lag and long flights, (everyone….right?) the cobblestone streets, historic buildings and friendly French speaking passersby of Montreal are enough to make anyone feel far from home. Plus the US dollar is strong!
The newly renovated Ritz Carlton is a mix of the“traditional” Ritz Carlton look with modern decor and leaves no technological detail overlooked. I am spoiled for life now because of the heated, self cleaning, self opening, bidet styled, Toto Neorest toilets. As well as the ultra luxe bedding, heated floors and touch screen light switches beside my bed, I was left with no urge to return home.
Our hosts greeted us with a dinner at the hotel’s Maison Boulud. 3-Michelin star Chef Daniel Boulud creates the perfect blend of french tradition and upscale hospitality for a culinary adventure that is sensational. I recommend the Gnocchetti au Homard. It is homemade potato gnocchi with lobster, leeks and mushrooms.
Everyone enjoyed massages, facials, or exfoliation treatments in the Spa St. James. If the dazed looks and silence when we reconvened in the lobby are any indication, it was clear everyone was engulfed in a decadent bubble of pure relaxation.
Later, we had lunch with Tourism Montreal and learned of some exciting 2017 events happening in the city.
- Oh Canada! 2017 is the 150th anniversary of the Canadian Confederation. There are a number of celebration events planned in Montreal.
- Focus on Montreal: the city’s first settlement was in 1642 when the missionary settlement of Ville Marie was established. It is this date, May 17th, that is celebrated as the permanent founding of the city.
- For a complete listing of festivals and parties, please visit: http://www.375mtl.com/en/
- Ship Ahoy A complete $78M CAD redesign of the Alexandra Pier and the Iberville Passenger Terminal will be completed in time for the summer season. Montreal will welcome an increased number of luxury cruise ships and is a great starting point to cruise the autumnal foliage or get a jaw dropping look at the Montreal Skyline.
- A Ciel Ouvert: A new sound and light show will be unveiled at the Notre-Dame Basilica starting in Spring 2017
While we didn’t catch any festivals during our stay, we did get to see a number of Christmas markets and the beautifully decorated Notre-Dame Basilica on our walking tour. Your Avenue Two Travel advisor can organize your walking tour and help you plan your trip during a festival that is of interest to you.
After an elegant afternoon tea, we attended Cirque Du Soleil. Words can’t describe the talent of these performers. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time as acrobatics and feats of human strength were performed seemingly effortlessly. As we walked back to the hotel indulging in some of the nightlife and window shopping at Tiffany’s, I wished we had more time.
There has never been a better time to travel to Montreal. The city has so much to offer: art, history, food, and shopping and The Ritz Carlton Montreal is located right in the action.
Don’t forget! As an Avenue Two Travel client you receive:
- Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
- Daily Buffet breakfast for up to two in room guests in restaurant
- $100 USD equivalent Resort or Hotel credit to be utilized during stay (not combinable, not valid in spa or on room rate, taxes, no cash value if not redeemed in full). Not applicable to Canadian Grand Prix event in June.
- Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
But wait! There’s more! Stay two nights and enjoy 50 percent savings on your second night for stays from January 1, 2017 – April 30, 2017.
Reach out to your Avenue Two Travel Advisor today!